WELCOME LOVELY PEOPLE TO MY BLOG ON EVERYTHING THAT IS CHIC RIGHT NOW. FASHION, MUSIC, ART, DECOR, BOOKS & FILMS, THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS!

Friday 3 August 2012

It's Vintage Dah-ling!

My introduction to the joys of vintage clothing has officially begun and I'm already in love...oh no, looks like my wardrobe could be expanding!

I can't keep my eyes off Ebay and there really are some truly wonderful pieces to be found for amazing prices, when I started to get interested in Vintage clothes I had no idea how many true vintage 1950's and 1960's items could be found. Previously I had visions of seeing only 1980's pieces that should have stayed back then with their masculine shoulder pads and garish patterns but I was rather pleasantly surprised.

Celebrity fashionistas with their endless budgets are really working the vintage look and what the old guys say is so perfectly true...'they don't make em like they used to'.
Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen

Alexa Chung

Mary Kate Olsen

Dakota Fanning
So far I've picked up this beautiful 1950s/60s layered shift dress which I may wear for the evening reception of an upcoming wedding I am attending.




I also picked up this Astra Furs Paris coat (faux fur collar) for £10.50! It is so heavy and the quality really is amazing, it feels so luxurious and glamorous on. I'm thinking this teamed with a pair of tough studded leather gloves will be just perfect for a trip to the ballet in November.




I think I have vintage fever!

Love
Lorraine
Lacroix x


No comments:

Post a Comment