WELCOME LOVELY PEOPLE TO MY BLOG ON EVERYTHING THAT IS CHIC RIGHT NOW. FASHION, MUSIC, ART, DECOR, BOOKS & FILMS, THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS!

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Fabric Haul!

My local fabric warehouse had a big sale earlier this week and I couldn't wait to look around for inspiration and to hopefully pick up a couple of metres of bargain, beautiful material!

The queue of ladies and a couple of fashion savvy men was growing when we got to the sale and after a 20 minute wait we were greeted with glasses of wine and cakes before beginning our search for fabric.
I picked up three beautiful pieces of fabric, 7 metres in total for £11 and was absolutely thrilled with my purchases.
For this wonderfully delicate floral fabric I would like to make a late summer midi-length dress with a ladylike fitted bodice and will be looking to Erdem & Valentino for inspiration.
I also snapped up this blue & white speckled fabric which is quite heavy and will make a perfect end-of-summer to early autumn transitional dress or skirt, just adding black tights for the chillier days, I'm imaging a rather ladylike silhouhette like Prada Fall 2010 and Erdem Fall 2012 for this piece.
This bang-on-trend lilac fabric is my favourite purchase and I can't wait to get this sewn up into a fitted, cinched at the waist, feminine dress like the soft-coloured, gorgeous creations at the Christion Dior (Fall 2012) show.
 
So with a lot of sewing to be done my Vogue Sewing Book will be a constant companion along with numerous cups of fruity tea and Billie Holiday on repeat...ah bliss.
Love
Lorraine
Lacroix x

No comments:

Post a Comment