WELCOME LOVELY PEOPLE TO MY BLOG ON EVERYTHING THAT IS CHIC RIGHT NOW. FASHION, MUSIC, ART, DECOR, BOOKS & FILMS, THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS!

Thursday 19 July 2012

My Personal Vestiaire!

Before moving into our three-storey Victorian townhouse L'Homme and I rented an apartment in Liverpool city centre meaning I had to cram my clothes into a single, tiny wardrobe! Needless to say clothes were constantly piled on the bedroom floor and shoes were kept stacked up in the under-stairs cupboard (shock, horror!).

So when we moved and suddenly had two spare bedrooms to play around with I immediately had visions of a sex and the city style dream walk-in!

The spare bedroom was a tad uninspiring before we got to work on it with an old carpet covering the beautiful floorboards and old-fashioned wallpaper swamping the room.


The first job was stripping the room of wallpaper and carpet and discovering the original hearth tiles!
Now the room was ready for it's transformation into beautiful dressing room...
 I was inspired by Carrie's dark wood floor and as we already had the great floorboards, the stunning floor only cost us the amount of a can of woodstain, I love the way the dark floor gives the room a slightly masculine, stylish feel.
We painted the chimney breast in Pearly Queen by Laurence Lewelyn Bowen for B&Q which I just adore, it is a really subtle purple-grey colour and very elegant.
 The new shop-stopper light fitting came from B&Q and adds a bit of wow-factor with it's five drop pendants.
A scraf rack proved to be a stylish, easily moveable disguise for the ugly boiler.
 All of the furniture in the dressing room is from Ikea including two chests of drawers back-to-back creating a central island.

My Dressing table face mirror was a TK Maxx bargain that looks antique.

The transformation is just what I wanted for this room and I am thrilled at how good it turned out, it could possibly be my favourite room in the house and I love taking my time getting dressed in here every morning.

Love
Lorraine
Lacroix x

No comments:

Post a Comment