WELCOME LOVELY PEOPLE TO MY BLOG ON EVERYTHING THAT IS CHIC RIGHT NOW. FASHION, MUSIC, ART, DECOR, BOOKS & FILMS, THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS!

Monday 7 May 2012

Hair-Chalking

When Lauren Conrad posted this picture of her rainbow coloured tresses on her twitter page I was in love!
I wanted to try the look out but didn't want to commit to dye, after getting my hair back to my favourite blonde after a brief spell of brown I didn't want to mess with it. So I turned to my art supplies and used three chalk pastels to create a similar look to Lauren's.

How To

  • Divide the hair into sections using clips
  • Seperating about an inch of hair at a time twist tightly
  • Rub the chalk downwards in the direction the strands are twisted (twisting the hair helps the colour pigment stick to the hair)
  • I used a piece of tissue spread across my palm with the hair laid on top to chalk the ends of my hair
It's pretty easy really and I'm looking forward to working this rock chick look during a few gigs at Liverpool Sound City (a 3-day live arts and music festival).

Happy Chalking
Love
Lorraine
Lacroix x

No comments:

Post a Comment