WELCOME LOVELY PEOPLE TO MY BLOG ON EVERYTHING THAT IS CHIC RIGHT NOW. FASHION, MUSIC, ART, DECOR, BOOKS & FILMS, THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS!

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Transformation from Old Fashioned to Fabulous!

A few weeks ago I did a post about my bedroom makeover and I promised to put up pictures of how I transformed our beside cabinets, so here they are...

These dated bed side tables had certainly seen better days but there was huge potential with the shape, the lid has an elegant curve to the front and the legs are beautifully slender.
The handles and wood had lost their lustre and were looking tired after years of good use.
Midway through the transformation process I had removed the old handles, sanded all the surfaces of the cabinets and gave them three coats of this paint...

Crown Ultimate Matt White Dark
Then I added some delicate and extravagant crystal ball handles (B&Q) to really give them a fancy feel.
Here is one of the finished bedside cabinets in situ in our boudoir, j'adore!
(Summer Palace Wallpaper & Amity Lamp both Laura Ashley)
Love
Lorraine
Lacroix x

No comments:

Post a Comment